Friday, March 8, 2013

Birthday Girl

I cleaned up my studio this week and found a stack of challenges that came and went. There are so many good ones going on now, it's so hard for me to only do a few. I get so "gung ho" and try to do multiple cards at the same time. Life happens, time gets away, and there ya go... several unfinished cards. So I put them aside and make a resolution to do one at a time. I put my supplies in stacks with my "ideas" on the top, but refuse to start until I get the previous card done. This way I'm not "wasting" valuable crafting supplies;-)

Here is one of the cards I finished today. It is for a brand new (well, almost new - I missed the first 8) challenge blog, Seize The Birthday. Love this idea. One (1) sketch for two weeks - 1st week-  boy card, 2nd week- girl card. How brilliant is that! I'm always needing birthday cards. In fact, I finished up the boy card from the last sketch to give to my Bestie's son this Sunday.


I used my favorite set from Iron Gate Stamps, Birthday Wishes. I masked the sparkler and stamped the cake over it. Hard to tell from the picture but it makes it look like one stamped image. Pretty cool:-) The patterned paper is from Basic Grey's Hey, Girl stack. Super cute! I found some coordinating DCWV solid and used the ric-rac die from PTI. Of course, I couldn't leave out the Stickles, sugary pink frosting and sparkly sparkler:-) Thanks for stopping by! Have a creative day:-)

2 comments:

  1. So very pretty and I really thought it was one image. Great masking. Love the use of the ric-rac die on here too.
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fun card! Great masking job, I thought it was one image. So glad you joined us at Seize the Birthday this week.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2011
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity